Public Affairs Coordinator
The American Counseling Association (ACA) is the world’s largest organization representing professional counselors in various practice settings. Our vision: Every person has access to quality professional counseling to thrive. Our mission: Promote the professional development of counselors, advocate for the profession, and ensure ethical, culturally-inclusive practice. Our values: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Integrity, Proactive Leadership, Professional Community & Relationships, Scientific Practice & Knowledge, Social Justice & Empowerment.
All American Counseling Association team members are encouraged, supported, and expected to demonstrate The Way We Work Values: Be Flexible, Be Creative, Be Empowered, Be Inquisitive, Be Collaborative and Be Respectful.
The Public Affairs Coordinator plays three primary roles: (1) supporting the Public Affairs Strategist as a key contributor to the overarching strategy, (2) managing ACA’s social platforms and supporting ACA website content management, and (3) providing support for key elements of the public affairs’ division – strategic communications, advocacy and media relations. This position ensures the continuous accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness of information across all social platforms; and is responsible for elevating, supporting, and representing the ACA brand at all times.
- Assist in identifying and coordinating strategic communications collateral
- Support media relations efforts including media list development, media monitoring and pitching
- Assist in the development of the ACA Social Media Strategy
- Maintain a Social Response Framework (policies, response matrix)
- Coordinate editorial calendar
- Monitor channels frequently – alerting leadership during off hours; responding as needed
- Monitor trending topics, maximize opportunities
- Manage accounts and set permissions
- Stay on top of channel updates and trends
- Define channel-specific strategies
- Vet measurement tools, set up dashboards
- Set Goals, Measure and Benchmark results
- Conduct competitive analysis
- Test and optimize campaigns
- Understand design and brand standards and keep consistent tone, language, and visual look across multiple platforms with multiple contributors.
- Work closely with other departments who manage digital content for consistency in look and messaging.
In collaboration with Public Affairs Strategist
- Write all social media posts in accordance with ACA policy
- Create engaging digital content to drive demand generation that meets/exceeds strategic goals
- Use design and writing skills to take the content that is produced by subject matter experts and apply it to the web using best practices
- Social listening on trending topics
- News monitoring
- Influencer outreach
- Manage executive accounts
- Monitor competitors
- Assist in managing technical aspects of various social media promotions, to include advertising campaigns.
- Coordinating the internal public affairs newsletter
- Train and provide support regarding social content development.
In collaboration with Digital UX Manager
- Measure and report performance of all social media marketing campaigns and assess against goals (downloads, followers, and engagement) and gain insights from web analytics to create and implement plans to drive engagement, improve visitor interactions, and optimize performance of web properties
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies that focus on increasing website traffic and page-views, followers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 2+ years’ web writing, social media and editing experience
- Must be highly detail-oriented with the ability to understand complex technical processes with the ability to adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrative verbal and written communication proficiency
- Must have outstanding collaboration skills; proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders across teams to accomplish shared goals
- Working knowledge of online analytics tools, including the ability to perform data mining to analyze online trends and report on site and campaign statistics and performance preferred
- Must be a self-starter with strong project management skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to monitor social media as much as needed
- Solid experience and knowledge and content management systems
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn analytics
- Informz, Sitefinity, ACA’s content management system (CMS) preferred
- Must stay up to date on new algorithms, analysis tools (Hootsuite), and best practices on all digital platforms
- Able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume
ACA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/PRO DISABLED AND VETERAN EMPLOYERAt ACA, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
Job posted: 2020-01-23