Public Affairs, Director
Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers’ feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
At Spin, we believe in innovation through policy. Spin’s Policy team builds critical initiatives and advances legislation and regulations to make micromobility part of our urban fabric. As we grow in new and existing markets, we continue to work to ensure that Spin is the industry leader in helping to craft and promote responsible and thoughtful approaches to how micromobility can affect positive changes in our communities. As a member of the Policy team, the Director of Public Affairs will work with our riders and communities to build support and catalyze action in pursuit of our policy priorities and to make micromobility a sustainable and beneficial partner to our communities.
- Work cross-functionally with the Government and Campus Partnership teams and the Public Policy team to identify opportunities and develop campaigns that activate the Spin rider community and connect them with campus and elected officials to support maintenance and expansion of Spin’s business.
- Work cross-functionally with the Policy Initiatives team to build rider awareness and support for our Streets projects and Sustainability initiatives.
- Identify opportunities and implement programs and campaigns for special events and corporate giving, building on SpintoVote and Giving Tuesday.
- Work cross-functionally with the Communications and Marketing teams to create a regular cadence of communications with our riders to elevate Spin’s brand and further engage our riders in growing the micromobility community.
- Develop a Public Affairs roadmap, in collaboration with the Partnerships, Communications, and Marketing teams, to build goodwill with riders, elected officials, and other relevant partners, to amplify the benefits of Spin and the micromobility industry.
- Hire and manage relevant consultants and vendors to execute Spin’s Public Affairs strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 10-12 years working experience in Public Affairs or closely related fields.
Nice to have
- Experience working with private sector customer campaigns and/or political campaigns.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals’ sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-16