Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs Manager – US
New York, NY
Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised $510 million, with a valuation of $5.7 billion. We have the objective of reaching 600 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2022!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, Barcelona, New-York, Prague, Berlin and Tokyo). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be part of a great and growing adventure that we hope will change the way the world consumes tech.
Within the Brand team, reporting to our Head of Public Affairs in France, you will be in charge of building and leading Back Market’s public affairs in the United States. Your main goals will be to raise federal and local policy makers’ awareness on the relevance of refurbishment, both environmentally and economically, and build powerful coalitions with stakeholders sharing Back Markets values. You will establish Back Market as one of the biggest and most trusted voices on the right to repair and the circular economy, and push policymakers toward making the right decisions for a sustainable future, both at federal and state levels.
You will be in contact with public deciders and stakeholders, representing Back Market’s vision. You will work in close cooperation with your manager based in France, interacting mostly with Lauren, our U.S. General Manager, Woody, our U.S. Head of Communications, and Marine, our Press Relations Manager.
This opportunity is available in Brooklyn or Remote.
Your mission (if you choose to accept it) 🏅
- Monitor policymaking in the U.S. to identify threats and opportunities on tech, marketplaces, and the circular economy
- Raise Back Market’s awareness among public deciders and institutional stakeholders at the federal level, and in key states for Back Market
- Join and build coalitions with relevant stakeholders
- Onboard Back Market management and team members to achieve your goals, and connect them with the right people in the government, industry, and NGOs
- Build high level and trusting relationships with local and federal authorities
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF: ⭐
- You either have a degree in Law or Politics
- You have 5 to 8 years of experience in public affairs in the U.S., having worked on the right to repair, the circular economy or sustainability
- You have a strong capability of working autonomously
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- You have a deep understanding and knowledge of the U.S. culture
- You are fluent in English
- You are passionate about the circular economy and Back Market’s mission
- You thrive in a dynamic, challenging, fast-paced work environment
RECRUITMENT PROCESS: 📅
- Phone screen with Felipe, our Talent Acquisition Partner for the US
- Interview with Marie, our Head of Public Affairs
- Interview Woody and Eugena, our Head of Communications and our Content Designer for the US
- Interview with Lauren, our General Manager in the US & Vianney, our co-Founder and CCO
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
– An attractive salary that comes with equity options, health insurance, paid maternity and parental leave, 401K, commuter benefits, mental health support, and more,
– Flexible working hours and hybrid models that let you choose which days you to work in the office and at home (because work-life balance is an individual right).
– Professional development programs, internal mobility, and the opportunity to make your career what you want it to become.
– A meaningful mission. But also fun. We’re serious about changing the landscape of the electronics industry and we like to keep things spicy.
– A booming scale-up: we are rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
– Welcoming, safe, and inclusive working environment where everyone’s opinion, differences, and backgrounds are heard and respected.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate with regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job posted: 2022-05-01