Public Affairs Program Manager
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
We’re creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee, bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day, we go beyond what’s expected and reach for the remarkable, together.
The Public Affairs Program Manager is the sole subject matter expert in community engagement with business and civic influencers. As an individual contributor, this role defines long-term strategy for the thought leadership around community events management, exercising considerable initiative to determine where we need to engage in our communities and our key messaging for those grassroots community relations.
- Acts as the lead subject matter expert in relationship management of business and civic influencers in our community.
- Develops and implements a strategy to support Alaska’s community and public relations goals with activities specific to supporting key markets.
- Serves as a key point of contact for businesses, institutions, residents and others in these areas to initiate and support opportunities for them to be engaged with Alaska Airlines and to also address their concerns.
- Define long-term strategy for Alaska’s top leaders to participate in the right speaking engagements to support Alaska’s civic engagement, volunteerism, and thought leadership.
- Responsible for relationship management via development and execution of Alaska’s new “Ambassadors” program and other initiatives to engage, inform, get input from influencers in our key markets.
- Conceptualizes, manages, organizes, and supports events, meetings, and other activities to advance Alaska’s relationships and local brand.
- Responsible for identifying and managing execution to outcomes for cross-functional government affairs, community relations, or sustainability initiatives that advance Alaska’s reputation, relationships, and revenue in recovery (the so-called ‘Recovery Ground Game’)
- Collaborate with Government Affairs team, regulatory affairs, and subject matter experts, responsible for producing memos, analysis, research, and other tools to understand and interpret the impact of various government policies on Alaska, and to help communicate Alaska’s point of view.
- Drive execution and delivery of key market- and investor-facing reports to reflect Alaska’s performance and leadership in areas of environmental and social impact.
Job-Specific Skills, Experience & Education
- 7 years of experience in public affairs or relationship management
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Public Affairs, Public Relations, Communications, or other relevant field; or an additional two years of relevant training/experience in lieu of this degree
- Demonstrated success in establishing and leveraging partnerships.
- Exceptional writing and policy analysis skills; exceptional oral communications
- Strong instincts for building and conveying simple narratives from multiple data points
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Solid understanding of airline industry
- Policy advocacy work
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA), where required.
Job ID 36552
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-05