Public Affairs Specialist
- Support the Center’s Director and Front Office for internal and external events, to include writing speeches, facilitating Center-wide advertising and communications, tracking and researching relevant media reporting, writing messages to the workforce on behalf of the Director, editing executive communications products including newsletters and workforce messages, and writing and developing content for internal website.
- Perform research and analysis to develop, and write keynote speeches for Director as directed by and in collaboration with the Public Affairs Office for internal and external events.
- Simultaneously manages long- and short-term deadlines in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment. Research, develop, and write the bi-weekly workforce messages and weekly newsletter which are subject to change based upon mission need.
- Assist with planning, managing, and coordinating agency events and activities and provide onsite management of the event to include scheduling, advertising, setting up, and day of event management.
- Provide support to and developing talking points for media engagements.
- Provide content management support of intranet and internet sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in researching and preparing speeches, messages, and other executive communications material
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a speechwriter for Senior Executives
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in organizational communications and public relations for Senior Executives in the IC and/or national security community at both classified and unclassified levels
- Three or more years of experience with content management systems (e.g. Joomla)
- Knowledge of CT products produced in the IC
CENTRA Technology, Inc. provides analytic services and systems engineering to US Government and commercial customers. We have offices in Burlington, MA, and Arlington, VA. CENTRA offers a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match and profit-sharing, ESOP, incentive bonuses, and a generous educational reimbursement program.
Job posted: 2020-05-07