Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs Specialist
Tuvli, an Akima Company
Tuvli is looking for a Public Affairs Specialist to work on the DOS PESS Contract in Washington, DC.
- Implements public affairs strategies and programs in support of the Bureau’s strategic communications plans, goals, and objectives.
- Helps develop, support, and execute events, speaking engagements, social media contacts, and briefings on a wide spectrum of CSO work.
- Participates in the development of media outreach opportunities.
- Drafts, edits, and reviews press releases.
- Develops and contributes to public affairs content, including website content, social media, visual imagery, and marketing material content.
- Facilitates arrangements for interviews and outreach opportunities for Bureau officials.
- Conducts outreach to, coordinates with, or serves as liaison with CSO staff and State Department regional and functional bureaus, as well as the interagency, Congress, think tanks, academia, civil society, and the private sector.
- Researches and develops communication products (e.g., briefing memoranda, decision memoranda, media notes, etc.) on specific areas of the Assistant Secretary’s and Bureau principals’ vision, mission, strategies and plans.
- Ensures that communications reflect the involvement and interests of partner agencies. Identifies new media markets and tracks trends in media coverage of relevant issues, including fragile states, conflict prevention and response, and stabilization activities.
- Develops plans for domestic outreach to stakeholders.
- Coordinates with CPP/PA personnel to support all social media efforts.
- Serves as backup to the CPP/PA Public Affairs Officer and Social Media Specialist.
- Contributes to developing CSO’s Strategic Communications Plans, for scheduled and special events.
- Participates in CPP event planning and coordination for conferences, seminars, and forums.
- Generates new social media content, refines content from Bureau colleagues, and reposts from senior Department officials and media outlets to include video and written formats.
- Analyzes Bureau digital and social media efforts, studies and reports on trends, identifies approaches to best leverage and amplify CSO’s virtual outreach.
- Serves as one of the primary points of contact for the Bureau’s engagements via digital platforms.
- Operates within the appropriate security level to apply and maintain all document markings.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in the areas of communication, social media, public diplomacy, or other related field).
- Advanced knowledge of public affairs and communications strategies.
- At least four years of work history engaging in public affairs and/or business communications, occupied in at least 50 percent of associated professional roles and responsibilities.
- Extensive ability to use social media. Ability to use third-party social media management tools for reporting and analyzing engagement levels.
- Moderate- to high-level competence in Adobe Creative Suite or similar graphics/design production software.
- Demonstrated ability via portfolio to produce short, high quality videos for placement on social media.
- Familiarity with Creative Cloud Suite 2016 or similar software.
- Experience working within a team dynamic and/or working groups and leading group tasks.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Active Secret clearance.
Job posted: 2023-05-02