Public Policy Manager
As Instacart’s Public Policy Manager, you’ll work cross-functionally with Instacart’s legal, communications, and finance teams to execute our federal, state and local policy efforts. You will play a key supporting role driving Instacart’s public policy objectives.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop and implement Instacart’s legislative and public policy priorities and positions
- Craft public policy campaigns around Instacart’s value proposition that appeal to elected officials, staff, and regulators
- Work directly with policymakers, advising them on language for legislation and drafting comments on proposed regulations and rules
- Maintain relationships with a network of contacts in local and regional legislative, executive and administrative offices
- Represent Instacart in diverse coalitions of third-party trade associations
- Advocate within the third-party and trade association memberships Instacart policy perspective, build consensus with other member companies, and help support third party letters of support/opposition to policy objectives
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters and advise the company with respect to policy challenges
- Track bills and legislation for markets
- Manage external consultants to help execute strategies
- BS or BA from an accredited university required
- At least 4-6 years experience working on policy issues in a relevant business, organization, or government
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing a policy campaign in a quickly evolving industry
- Experience working across internal and external teams to deliver positive shift in public perception
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues. Familiarity with policy related to the future of work, privacy, food and alcohol, and sales tax
- Some experience drafting legislative proposals, policy principles, and legal opinions
- Self-starter with a sense of humor, self awareness, and the ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-07