Public Policy Manager
Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career — a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Public Policy Manager works to advance the interests of the bank by influencing the policy decisions of members of Congress and federal regulatory and executive branch agencies. The position requires a public policy professional with the ability to identify key issues, develop advocacy priorities, and articulate the company’s position to identified audiences.
- Develops relationships with key members and staff as well as selects policymakers at federal agencies and leverages those relationships to advance the interests of the bank
- Works with peer institutions, trade associations, and other bank partners to develop coordinated strategies to influence federal policy
- Identifies and tracks rulemaking efforts that may have a material impact on the bank
- Works with internal constituents to develop plans to match business objectives
- Represents Regions before members of Congress, Federal agencies, trade associations, and at public events
- Advises Regions executives and subject matter experts on the political landscape
- Ensures a positive perception of the bank with stakeholders, including the Federal government, the media, and non-governmental agencies
- Gives presentations to internal and external audiences on political and policy matters
- Monitors the effect of public policy changes on the organization and advises senior management
- Manages the development of policy positions and comment letters
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
This position is incentive eligible.
This is a single incumbent position.
This job is typically Strategic (30%), Tactical (40%), Transactional (30%).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ten (10) years of experience in regulatory or legislative policy related to financial services
- Juris Doctor
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to foster effective relationship and network with others
- Familiarity with regulatory concepts, practices, and procedures
- Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence policymakers
- Results-driven approach at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation to plan and accomplish goals
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-20