Public Relations Coordinator
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and 401K retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
- Generous tuition reimbursement and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA’s Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
Supports public relations and community relations activities for (hospital name) including media relations, community relations, sponsorships, events, publications, and content generation. Works collaboratively with strategic communications team to prepare and disseminate information and content regarding (hospital name) through various content channels to help maintain a favorable public image for the organization and its representatives. Provides support for corporate communications activities and events. Provides general office support.
II. Essential Duties
1. Supports public relations outreach including print, broadcast, and digital placement of hospital-related news stories. Adheres to patient privacy protocols.
- Maintain media contact list and editorial calendars
- Arranges for and produces still photos and videos to supplement news releases and publications.
- Proposes, researches, writes and/or edits contest nominations for hospital.
- Uses social media tools in coordination with Digital Media Director and Marketing Managers to increase visibility, membership, and traffic across the (hospital name) brand and services.
2. Stays abreast of hospital news, trends, services, and objectives.
- Contributing writer for hospital employee newsletter
- Contributing writer for community health magazine
- Contributes content for social media, PodCasts, Web site and blog
- Arranges for and produces still photos and videos to supplement publications and social media.
- Proofread and review all content prior to publication.
- Seeks appropriate approval from director and others before disseminating information
3. Supports and coordinates events and programs in coordination with Division and hospital goals.
- Supports community outreach programs/initiatives for hospital’s community involvement.
- Supports Kids Teaching Kids and other community outreach programs.
- Provides general office and data management support including event surveys and registrations.
III. Required skills:
1. Communication – Seeks first to understand, then to be understood. Exhibits excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for a variety of internal and external audiences. Ability to communicate with physicians, administrators, and clinicians and exhibit sensitivity to politics among departments, organizations, and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or related field required
- Minimum of 1+ years experience. Health care experience preferred.
- Prior social media, video shooting, and editing experience is a plus
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-13