Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Relations Coordinator
The function of the Public Relations Coordinator position is to provide support for the publicity team across nonfiction, reality and scripted series. Responsibilities include but are not limited to compiling daily clips and show clip packets, maintaining press lists, building talent itineraries and tracking incoming materials for launch.
This position is largely self-prioritized based on the daily changing needs of the publicists and the unexpected requests or deadlines triggered by internal or external requests. Organization, time management and prioritizing are the key elements in decision-making for success in this position and to the overall effectiveness of the department. Should be resourceful in responding to last-minute press deadlines and knowing where to get, and how to disseminate, the most accurate information for members of the press and other constituents. This role must be responsible in deciding when to notify others of issues on the many day-to-day requests that may arise.
Join the team!
- Compiling daily press clippings and building show and/or film clip packets to send to executives and producers
- Support publicity campaigns for nonfiction, reality and scripted projects, contributing to brainstorms, strategy planning, research, pitching and press outreach
- Helping collect press materials such as synopsis, photos, credits and production notes for the launch of the project
- Building talent itineraries for press days and press related events.
- Research and maintaining targeted press lists
- Compiling research relevant to specific campaigns
- Manage project status reports
- Book and manage talent travel and itineraries for press days, TCA, festivals, premieres, etc.
- Working with the social and corporate team to deliver social assets to talent and producers
- Assist in hiring and managing department interns
- Assisting at screenings, TCA or special events as directed
- Watching cuts and identifying clips to be used for press, panels, etc.
- Tracking competitive landscape to see what our competitors are doing
- Fielding general press and vendor calls and emails and routing to the appropriate party
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Communications, Media or other related field
- One+ years of previous experience in publicity at a network, streaming platform, studio or agency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter with the ability to troubleshoot
- Requires good judgement, and ability to prioritize and be resourceful
- Polite and professional manner, exercising patience and diplomacy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented department
- Computer savvy – knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and basic database skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and deal with different personalities
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Excellent knowledge of the internet and current and emerging social media platforms
- Interest across television and film industry
CBS, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry’s most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Hiring Salary Range: $42,400.00 – 63,600.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Job posted: 2023-05-09