Public Relations Lead
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the undisputed leader in the lighting industry. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. We’re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
Working as a PR and Communications team member at Signify is dynamic. You‘ll be driving the storytelling and positioning of our company, its consumer brands and innovative lighting products. We’re greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
We’re looking for a Public Relations Lead who’ll be responsible for leading Media Relations and Influencer Engagement for the US Consumer Channel.
You’ll be part of the Signify US Consumer Experience Team and its responsibilities are to find unique ways to engage and delight our consumers along each touchpoint throughout their lifecycle journey, so creativity and consumer-centricity must be in your DNA.
What you’ll do
- Partner with US Corporate Communications Lead and the Global Integrated Communications team to translate global communications strategy and planning into market-specific initiatives and plan for the US Consumer channel.
- Primary media liaison for Signify’s US Consumer channel working proactively to identify storytelling opportunities, events and content ideas that drive awareness of our brands and products and deliver value to the company.
- Lead the identification and management of brand ambassadors and influencers developing the strategy and KPIs for ongoing relationships, programs and activation.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Life-cycle Planning and Activation teams to develop and execute best-in-class integrated campaigns
- Lead and execute events and experiential activation’s identifying platforms that allow consumers, customers and/or media to experience our brands and products in engaging and imaginative ways
- Manage budgets and as well as the PR and Influencer agency relationships
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in PR, Communications, Marketing, or related field with 8+ years of experience in PR on the agency and/or client side
- Strong media and influencer relationships in the tech and consumer lifestyle space and a proven track record developing and placing stories.
- A dynamic, creative, self-starter and problem solver with collaborative influencing and leadership skill set
- Exceptional written/oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within the organization
- Outstanding organizational, multi-tasking and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail and timelines
What you’ll get in return…
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
What we promise
We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future.
Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Concerning US based roles: Signify is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. As an equal opportunity employer, Signify is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Policy: Signify North America Corporation (“Signify”) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Signify, or (c) consistent with Signify’s legal duty to furnish information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-06