Public Relations Specialist
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You’ll Love This Job:
Being a member of the Corporate Communications & Public Affairs team means you will be part of a diverse and collaborative team. The Public Relations Specialist, under the direction of the Executive Director of Global Public Relations, is responsible for building brand awareness with members of the media and analyst community to drive coverage while maintaining a positive image with key stakeholders and accelerating the achievement of DTCC, and its family of businesses’, corporate goals. By partnering closely with members of the M&C team, business heads and thought leaders within the company, he/she will review media trends and topics, develop compelling messaging and content to position DTCC as a global leader and integral infrastructure & technology provider to the financial markets, and generate positive reporting.
We are a team, and together we can help each other achieve goals. We cannot wait to meet you and have you as part of our team!
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute public relations strategy across specific business areas and thought leadership topics, generating awareness and coverage via proactive pitching, interviews, bylines, media tours, roundtables and editor briefings
- Leverage writing skills and knowledge of the industry and DTCC services to develop thought leadership pieces, press releases and bylines for placement in publications worldwide leveraging story telling as appropriate
- Manage DTCC’s analyst communications program, in partnership with the firm’s US PR agency. Develop and execute plans to continue to build even stronger relationships and analyst understanding of DTCC and to generate research paper coverage for the firm
- Maintain productive relationships with global PR agencies, and review/approve all quotes, content and coverage
- Monitor and read all coverage related to relevant topics, and strategize around areas of opportunity
- Support social media activity for media activities and select key executives
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
Talents Needed For Success:
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Marketing degree, with a solid understanding of all marketing disciplines (communications, public relations, etc.)
- Strong verbal and writing capabilities, with the ability to translate complex business topics into higher level themes that will resonate with journalists and readers; Leverage compelling storytelling and data-driven content
- Ability to network and influence colleagues on PR recommendations and strategies
- Solid analytical capabilities, to measure results and identify areas of opportunity
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, in order to effectively prioritize a number of simultaneous projects while meeting sometimes short deadlines
We offer top class training and development for you to be an asset to our organization!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job posted: 2020-11-08