Public Relations Specialist
Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team by creating and sustaining a positive public image for our client. Prepare and maintain the client’s strategic communications plan. Collaborate with the client and other team members to contribute to online discussion forums and answer requests for information and materials to support leadership briefings and outreach. Craft articles for publication in print and social media programs to inform a broad range of stakeholders and increase general awareness of our client’s initiatives and goals.
- 5+ years of experience in a professional work environment
- 3+ years of experience with public relations, public affairs, or social media management
- Ability to organize and write compelling, concise articles and web-related materials
- Ability to communicate key client messages confidently and precisely with senior government officials
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as member of a larger team to fulfill client requirements
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience with training in the Operational Army and training or training development in the Institutional Army
- Experience as a technical editor
- Experience with using SharePoint to manage actions and share information among project stakeholders
- Knowledge of Army Doctrine Publication (ADP) 7-0 and FM 7-0, Train To Win In A Complex World, AR 350-1, Army Training and Leader Development and TR 350-70, Army Learning Policy and Systems, and supporting training pamphlets
- Knowledge of TR 25-36 and The TRADOC Doctrine Publication Program
- Knowledge of social media and professional military forums and DoD, Army, and local command Social Media policies
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills
- BA or BS degree in Journalism or Communications
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-30