Public Relations Strategist
Bankers Healthcare Group
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 18 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
The Public Relations Strategist will execute the corporate communications strategy by securing media coverage of BHG products through proactive pitching, reactive pitching, and active monitoring of media.
What You’ll Do
- Lead product trade media relations: drive media strategy for product PR; pitch ideation; manage media lists and editorial calendars; identify timely opportunities; secure coverage, submissions, and interviews for all products in BHG’s family of companies.
- Responsible for earning media coverage that establishes BHG and its family of companies as industry leaders in financing solutions
- Strong ideation for creating captivating, newsworthy stories we can pitch to media and drive more visibility.
- Lead PR writing: news releases, personnel announcements, expert-authored bylines, media pitches, and social media posts to promote media coverage.
- Establish and build relationships with key media influencers.
- Monitor media for BHG coverage and maintain clips.
- Help create data-driven reports to demonstrate PR success.
- Manage BHG’s corporate online newsroom.
- Work collaboratively with product marketing teams.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR or Journalism.
- 5 years of professional experience in an agency, corporate, or newsroom setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and pitching skills.
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Killer news instincts to uncover stories.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and effectively manage multiple projects at once.
- Desire to succeed.
- Knowledge of PR tools for media management and reporting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-24