Regional Manager, Government Affairs
Job Description & Qualifications
Ford Motor Company is seeking an experienced professional to lead the company’s government relations portfolio in California and other west coast states. This position will manage Ford’s policy, political, legislative and regulatory priorities in the state and coordinate closely with various Ford subsidiaries and stakeholders. The role is part of Ford’s Global Government Relations team and reports to the Vice President of Government Relations at the company’s headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify legislative and regulatory issues in California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Alaska and Hawaii that impact the company and its subsidiaries and shape solutions through trusted relationships with key policymakers and stakeholders
- Develop a clear understanding of the legislative and regulatory environment to inform the company’s product and business plans and advance a point of view on related state and local issues
- Engage with various trade associations, industry stakeholder groups, coalitions and business partners to support policy development and advocacy activities aligned with Ford priorities
- Oversee workplans for support staff and contract lobbyists to drive desired policy outcomes
- Develop comprehensive plans for political engagement through the Ford PAC
Minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seven or more years of experience in state and local Government, Public Affairs, or Government Relations
Our Preferred requirements:
- Master’s degree
- Clear and concise writing skills
- Self-motivated, dependable and capacity to effectively function as part of a team
- Experience and interest in giving presentations and public speaking
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-08