Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Located in Las Vegas, NV, Vancouver, BC, or remotely within the United States, the Regulatory Compliance Specialist will assist the Compliance team with various projects, including but not limited to know-your-customer (KYC) and due diligence processes, gaming license submissions, and regulatory compliance matters.
Our GeoComply team is a highly effective force, well-respected for our technical and subject matter expertise as well as our positive attitude and energy. As such, team members are generously rewarded with incentives, comprehensive benefits, and learning and development budgets.
GeoComply and its GeoGuard division operate at the center of a new generation of cybersecurity companies, leveraging today’s geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions.
Working as a critical piece of the infrastructure for some of the world’s largest tech companies, GeoComply has become the global market-leader for compliance-grade geolocation data and a critical piece of the decisioning engine.
Working as part of a can-do team-culture, there is no place for egos, soloists, or defensiveness. To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, to earn the trust of the organization.
Build it Better: We are a company of puzzle-solvers with big ambitions, who don’t shy away from issues too complex or painstaking for others. We find innovative and customer-oriented solutions to roadblocks while ensuring that our mission to deliver at the highest standards is maintained.
Build it Bigger: We are dreamers and builders with a bias for action. We lean into challenges and work collaboratively to stay on a problem until it is resolved, and then communicate openly and fairly to take steps to learn and improve. We do our best work as a team. Whether working as an individual contributor or as a manager, the success of the team always comes before individual success. Our best leaders grow themselves and their teams to make the next generation of leaders.
Build it Right: GeoComply was founded on the principle of doing things the right way. Details matter. We are trusted by our employees, customers, and by the regulators. The absolute quality and integrity of our product and deliverables is paramount. When we speak to an external party, we ensure that we are speaking with our voice: polite, correct, careful, and helpful. When we speak to an internal colleague, we ensure we use the same voice and are not afraid to be direct when the company values are at stake.
What You Will Be Doing
- Use internal KYC processes to review and provide reports and feedback on third parties
- Develop policies and tools to automate KYC workflow
- Provide accurate technical review of data or reports
- Assist with the gaming license application process, including completing and submitting applications to new and current jurisdictions
- Serve as liaison between internal and external customers, regulators, and advisors, to clarify and resolve issues
- Maintain current knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, guidance, and best practices and assess impact to company activities
- Interpret and communicate regulations, policies, and procedures
- Recommend changes to procedures in response to changes in regulations or standards
- Assist with maintaining internal records, databases, and filing systems
- Assist with and/or manage projects as needed
- Attend meetings as required, taking notes and preparing follow up tasks after each meeting
- B.A. in accounting, business, law, government affairs, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in regulatory compliance, KYC/due diligence, and/or gaming licensing preferred
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly-effective oral and written communication skills Excellent proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Pro, and G Suite Programs (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-29