Senior Government Relations Manager
Turo is expanding our Government Relations program and we seek a talented and experienced State Government Relations professional. This is a high impact opportunity to meaningfully shape global public policy in the disruptive industry of peer-to-peer car sharing. (FLEXIBILITY ON LOCATION; EITHER SAN FRANCISCO OR PHOENIX, AZ)
- Drive Turo’s objectives relating to public policy in assigned states and support initiatives in other hot spots as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key legislators, organizations, committees and programs that impact Turo operations.
- Draw on existing experience to develop and execute jurisdiction-specific strategies to promote the concept of peer to peer car sharing while defeating efforts by incumbents to slow or inhibit our growth.
- Monitor all legislative and regulatory activities with potential to impact our industry, and develop engagement, inoculation, and education plans to address each one.
- Testify at state capitols on Turo’s behalf.
- Represent Turo in meetings, panel discussions, and group meetings in locations across North America.
- Contribute content to Turo’s OpenRoad grassroots website.
- Respond to inquiries from, and manage relationships with, airports.
- Draft clear, persuasive, and on-brand correspondence and collateral material for public consumption.
- 6+ years professional Government Relations experience in a private sector company, high tech, or platform business. Alternatively, 6+ years experience as senior staff or advisor to a state legislature, legislator, or campaign committee.
- Strong relationships with state legislative leaders, Governors and staff and policymakers. Demonstrable network of impactful leaders.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Other required qualities include: high energy, scrappiness, nimbleness, high emotional intelligence/low ego, strong sense of humor, strong collaborator and ability to cheer on the success of others.
- Strongly preferred:
- Direct government relations experience with focus on 50 states and local jurisdictions.
- Strong organizational and communications skills including executive presence and public speaking.
- Experience with insurance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, collaborative, and to succeed in a fluid startup environment.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Fully-stocked kitchens
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team’s talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-22