Senior Manager, Government Affairs
Overview and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for managing Paramount City and County of Los Angeles government affairs as well as local community relations. Candidate will work with the SVP Government Affairs to manage Paramount’s relationship with the LA Board of Supervisors, LA City Council, LAEDC, Hollywood Chamber, VICA and CCA. Candidate will also be responsible for ensuring Studio Group parking and policy goals are met. As head of community relations, candidate will be main point of contact for neighbors and strategy around master plan implementation as it affects neighborhood.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Manage Paramount’s policy agenda with the LA City Council and County of LA. Issues include but are not limited to parking permits, bike lanes, street vending, IP, water, transportation and power. Ensure Paramount’s Studio Group and Production related City and local policy goals are met.
- Manage Los Angeles City and County political contributions, compliance and ethics.
- Work with Studio Group, FilmLA, Council District 13 staff, Council District 4 staff and Mayor’s Office of Film & TV to ensure required production parking permits are granted in a timely fashion.
- Manage Paramount’s Neighbor relations strategy
- Host three neighbor screenings per year
- Proactively manage complaints and inquiries from neighbors
- Head of Paramount Community Relations
- Responsible for strategy as it relates to Master Plan implementation
- Responsible for liaising with Facilities Group on fulfillment of Master Plan commitments
- FilmLA policy group
- LAEDC policy group
- VICA policy group
- CCA policy group
- Hollywood Heritage Board
- Neighborhood Council
- Host three Community Screenings per year
- Interface with key local stakeholders including homeowner and business associations.
Lead Dignitary Studio Visits for various Paramount and Viacom stakeholders
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Minimum 8 years experience in government relations, communications or public relations, or related field
*Bachelor’s degree in Government Affairs or Communications desired
*Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
* Ability to interface with staff, senior management, dignitaries, and elected officials
* Ability to travel 25% of time
*Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
*Strong organizations skills
*Effective interpersonal skills and cross group collaboration skills to influence all levels (both internally and externally)
*Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
*Strong leadership skills and good team player
*Attention to detail
* Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
* Must be able to show eligibility to work in the United States
Job posted: 2019-01-28