Senior Public Relations Specialist
We’re looking for a rock-solid communications professional to help us accelerate one of the fastest-growing companies in America. This candidate will manage several of Pattern’s exciting communications programs—helping build brand awareness for the company as we scale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under direction of the head of communications, engage directly with reporters and other influencers to tell the Pattern story
- Regularly secure tier-1 and tier-2 media coverage and build relationships with key contacts at these media outlets
- Maintain a news monitoring and reaction system
- Conduct quality research and build/maintain a well-curated list of ecommerce industry contacts—including key media and influencers
- Track and document earned media coverage and SEO results
- Distribute content on various channels with timeliness and attention to detail
- Help grow Pattern’s organic engagement and following on social media
- Own all professional development goals or milestones assigned to you
- Help us drive Pattern’s mission and core values internally and externally
- Become an effective evangelist for Pattern and our role in accelerating global ecommerce for brands
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- Academic and/or professional background in public relations, corporate communications, or marketing communications preferred (internships count if you did relevant work)
- Strong writing skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to identify stories in data sets and translate them for use in various channels
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working on projects with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, HR, finance, and others
- A high level of enthusiasm for telling stories that drive business results
Who is Pattern
Pattern is the world’s leading ecommerce accelerator. Located in Utah’s Silicon Slopes (with offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Middle East, and North America), Pattern is home to the best and the brightest professionals in the tech and ecommerce industries. Why? Some of the world’s biggest consumer brands— like Nestle, Kong, Panasonic, Sorel, and Skullcandy—trust Pattern to accelerate their ecommerce, globally. To serve them, we only hire the best of the best.
Why should I work at Pattern?
Pattern offers big opportunities to make a difference in the ecommerce accelerator industry! We are a company full of talented industry experts that evolves quickly and often, we set big goals and work tirelessly to achieve them, and we love our Pattern family. We also believe in having fun and balancing our lives, so we offer awesome benefits that include:
- Competitive pay
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays
- Hybrid office/work-from-home policies
- Great office space with onsite fitness center
- Company paid life Insurance
- Casual dress code
- Health, vision, and dental Insurance
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) with company match
What is the hiring process?
- An initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- A 60 minute Zoom interview
- An onsite interview with a panel of department leaders
Job Type: Full time
Job Categories: Public Relations, Communications, Corporate Communications, Social Media, Marketing, SEO
Wage/Salary: Salaried, full benefits. Compensation DOE
Position Start/End Date: Start as soon as possible. No end date set.
Job posted: 2021-09-20