Specialist Government Relations
L3Harris Technologies is seeking a highly-motivated self-starter to join the Government Relations team as a Specialist, Government Relations.
This position is part of the L3Harris Government Relations Team in Washington, DC, reporting to the Director, Government Relations. This individual will support L3Harris strategic growth through advocacy of defense business goals across the Federal budget and Congressional funding processes. This person will work closely with members of the Government Relations team, L3Harris executives, business area leaders, and program managers. A well-qualified candidate will have recent and relevant legislative experience, be detail-oriented and flexible, and enjoy the challenge of supporting L3Harris’ Government Relations Team with responsibility across the company. This position requires an active Top-Secret clearance and Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) access.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct analysis and prepare documentation of the President’s Budget Request in the context of L3Harris DoD and other classified programs, as directed.
- Represent L3Harris before Members of Congress and their staffs on Capitol Hill and in their home states and districts.
- Build and strengthen relationships with key Members, congressional staff, and Committees on Capitol Hill, especially those responsible for defense authorizations, appropriations and defense community matters.
- Develop legislative strategies that support the measurable growth of business sectors and divisions across the company.
- Analyze major defense initiatives and policy proposals and communicate how these policies affect L3Harris in written and verbal formats.
- Collaborate with GR team members as well as defense business segments in support of accomplishing of strategic business objectives.
- Conduct research and prepare materials in support of CEO level engagements.
- Support organizational events held on Capitol Hill that successfully further corporate interests.
- Support the employee Political Action Committee via events and research.
- Perform multiple tasks accurately and efficiently under time constraints.
- Ability to travel locally and domestically.
- Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant legislative experience or a Master’s degree and two years of relevant legislative experience.
- Experience with legislative and executive branch processes and special emphasis on defense appropriations and authorizations.
- 3-5 years of Capitol Hill experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Active Top-Secret clearance with SCI access (TS/SCI) is highly preferred.
- Master’s degree with focus in Political Science, National Security Studies, or related field.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, with a specific emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Professional manner and ability to influence others.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment, high sense of accountability and maintain confidentiality.
Job posted: 2020-03-20