Vice President Public Policy
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation
Founded in 1919, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is a grassroots membership organization that supports programs that ensure the growth of Ohio food and farms, such as advocating for good government policy, developing opportunities for young farmers, providing student scholarships and grants, supporting Ohio food efforts, creating food literacy programs for kids, hosting community building events and funding efforts to protect the environment, water quality, farmland preservation and more.
Mission – Working together for Ohio farmers to advance agriculture and strengthen our communities.
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking a vice president of public policy to plan, develop and maintain federal, state and local programs and initiatives that are effective, efficient and aligned to overall organization objectives and goals. The ideal candidate will possess collaborative skills with a record of accomplishment in building and maintaining strong relationships, will have an outstanding level of acumen and understanding of the legislative processes, and the ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and concurrently while making thoughtful, integrated, timely and meaningful decisions. Applicants should be self-motivated with the ability to anticipate and respond quickly to emerging issues and possess a high degree of emotional intelligence.
Among the primary responsibilities:
- Manage the staff, budget, programs and activities of the Ohio Farm Bureau Public Policy Department
- Lead the public policy team on advocacy efforts at all levels of government
- Represent the organization before the agencies and departments of state government
- Represent the organization both directly and through the American Farm Bureau Federation at the national level
- Work with business, labor, education and other organizations in implementing and extending Farm Bureau programs
- Supervise the development of policy issues and maintain an effective program of policy development for the organization
- Supervise the development and implementation of a public policy program of volunteer member training to ensure strong county committees and programs
- Develop and maintain effective political education and participation programs for Farm Bureau members.
- Supervise the coordination of the OFBF Agriculture for Good Government PAC Committee
- Coordinate with the Communications Department on public policy materials for publication
- Manage policy based legal proceedings and filings
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-31