HEAR FROM PAST PARTICIPANTS
ORGANIZATIONS THAT ATTEND INCLUDE
Why Should You Attend?
In addition to a diverse agenda on innovative best practices and the best networking opportunities, you’ll get access to:
Senior-Level Content: Advanced sessions and topics for experienced and returning professionals
Unparalleled Networking: Meet the top leaders in grassroots, public affairs, communications and stakeholder engagement — and learn from them to advance your own program
Mentoring Program: Be paired with alumni for career and conference advice from people who really get it
Industry’s Only Resource Marketplace: Check out the best sources available for advocacy technology, products and services
Hear From Past Participants
“The Advocacy Conference is great at providing innovative and top-level speakers who give insights on the ever-changing advocacy landscape around the country. By the time you leave the conference you’ll have a great network to help you be more successful in your career. This is the conference to be at if you want practical tips and to learn from the best in the arena.”
— Jordan Craig, Manager, Government and Industry Affairs, American Forest and Paper Association
“The Advocacy Conference is quite simply the premier event for public affairs professionals. The program itself is outstanding with first class content and speakers; the networking opportunities and the friendships that are developed during the conference are priceless.”
— Michael Garrison, Director, Grassroots, International Council of Shopping Centers
“The Public Affairs Council’s Advocacy Conference is now the only advocacy conference I attend – it’s that valuable. If you are involved in the advocacy field, this is the event to attend for best practices and innovative ideas.”
— Jeff Michaud, Senior Manager, Digital Communications, Government Relations, eBay, Inc.
“I was a first-time attendee in 2018 and I walked away from the conference energized and full of new ideas. Each session gave me the opportunity to hear from experts and interact with my peers. The lessons I learned paid immediate dividends by giving me actionable ways to improve the public relations and grassroots strategies at our association. The conference is also the gift that keeps on giving. The numerous networking opportunities allowed me to make connections with folks from across the spectrum, connections that I reach out to on a regular basis for advice or new ideas.”
— Sean Brown, Vice President, Communications, Federation of American Hospitals
Want to hear from more? Contact us for more information.
2021 Advocacy Conference Advisory Committee
Amie Adams, Dunn Associates
Christel Aprigliano, Beyond Type 1
Avelyn Austin, REQ
Steve Blackistone, National Transportation Safety Board
Becky Boles, Craft: Media | Digital
Alexa (Lexi) Branson, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Jacquelyn Cameron, Washington Post
Angela Chiappetta, DDC Public Affairs
Chazz Clevinger, One Click Politics, Inc.
Bobbie Clinton, Jacobs
Meghan Cox, Lincoln Strategy Group
Bethany Dame, American Property Casualty Insurance Association
Andrea DeFelice, National Association of Manufacturers
Randy Dwyer, American Farm Bureau Federation
Renee Eastman, SRP
Jennifer Fox, AALU
Amy Fraser, Grocery Manufacturers Association
Bryan Fratkin, Whistle Stop Digital
Misty Fuller, Adfero
Eric Gilbertsen, REQ
Brandon Graham, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
Jared Hess, Draft Kings
Erica Hurtt, Ernst and Young
Ulrico Izaguirre, Affirm, Inc.
Melanie Lynn Kahn, American kidney Fund
Jessica Knutson, National Marrow Donor Program: Be the Match
Ashley Lerner, General Motors
Adam Lotspike, BD (healthcare)
David Lusk, Key Advocacy
Matthew Marinello, Atlantic Health System
Mia Masten, Pfizer
Maria Matthews, American Society of Civil Engineers
Claire McDonough, Cision
Adam Melis, Aristotle
Katelyn Moga-Gesing, Nurse-Family Partnership
Gary Nuzzi, Adfero
Kristen Prather, Credit Union National Association
Erica Pyatt, LinkedIn
Darlene Rosenkoetter, S&P Global Inc.
Ben Shlesinger, American Kidney Fund
Jonathan Simons, NCTA
Rebecca Steele, Toyota North America
Gill Stevens, BleCross and BlueShield Association
Laura Vogel, National Rural Electric Cooperative Association
David White, Keybridge Communications
James Winslow, Sumitomo Corporation of Americas
Matthew Wright, Children’s Hospital Association
Sue Zoldak, The Zoldak Agency
Sarah Yi, CTIA
Matthew Zablud, Beekeeper Group
Contact Nick DeSarno to learn more about joining the conference advisory committee.
Read the Full FAQs
1. Is this the same conference as the National Grassroots Conference? Yes…and no. The Advocacy Conference is the evolution of the National Grassroots Conference. As grassroots and advocacy practitioners find that the scope of their work — and the challenges they face — are changing, so is the conference. Grassroots will be one featured track at the conference, paired with communications tactics and strategies and engagement solutions for working with partners, senior management and stakeholders.
2. Where will the conference be? The 2021 conference will be held virtually. You can participate on your device from anywhere with an internet connection.
3. How much does it cost? Please visit our Registration page for details.
4. How do I register? Registration is available online. In order to take advantage of the online discounted rates for Council members, you’ll need a website user name and password. If you cannot remember your username and password, please click this link where you can retrieve the information. If you are new to the site, click here to create a new profile. If you have questions, please call us at 202.787.5950.
5. How can I receive mailings for future conferences? If you would like to be added to our conference brochure distribution list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Who should I call if I have more questions?
The Advocacy Conference
202.787.5971 | email
Sponsorship Opportunities and Consultant Expo/Resource Marketplace
202.787.5968 | email
202.787.5966 | email
Sponsoring The Advocacy Conference allows you to advertise your firm and services to our attendees. Your name and brand is present in marketing and throughout the conference itself, giving you repeated exposure to this unique, high-level community.
Thank You to Our Sponsors