Congressional Affairs Analyst
Join NextStep’s dynamic, innovative, fun and rewarding team. Located in Springfield, near the train station, NextStep is a recent graduate from the 8(a) program with strong past performance with DoD (CONUS & OCONUS) and several civilian agencies. NextStep is seeking for a motivated and dynamic Congressional Affairs Analyst to work at the U.S. Department of Labor, OFFICE OF THE INSPECTOR GENERAL.
- Bachelor’s degree Required
- JD degree Preferred
- Congressional Affairs: Assist in drafting and managing congressional reports, responses to congressional requests, and other high-level correspondence and reports. Draft and respond to inquiries from Congressional staff as well as House and Senate Committees regarding issues of relevance the IG-community and the Department. Assist in coordinating and preparing OIG testimony for Congressional hearings. Also monitor and report on committee hearings of interest to the OIG.
- Legislative Review: Develop, review, and analyze proposed or existing legislation or regulations relating to the DOL and the OIG.
- Public Affairs: Assist in the drafting and responding to inquiries from the media and track all media interactions. Prepare quotes for inclusion in press releases from United States Attorney’s Offices and other organizations. Assist in researching and providing staff with daily press clippings that highlight DOL-OIG work, DOL issues in the news, OIG-community issues, as well as current issues of note government-wide. Also assist in designing, developing, and publishing all OIG publications.
- External Reporting: Assist in preparing and publishing official reports that highlight the work of the OIG, including the Semiannual Report to Congress, the Highlights edition of the Semiannual Report, and the Department’s Top Management Challenges.
- OIG Websites: Assist in managing all site content and ensures that all posted information is current, accurate, and posted timely.
- Inter- and Intra-agency Liaison: Respond to CIGIE surveys and data calls. Coordinate and track responses to all requests from interdepartmental as well as external groups, including committees and individual members of Congress.
- Briefing Materials: Prepare briefing materials as necessary to inform on the work of the OIG, including current issues and priorities.
- Executive Support and Special Projects: Assist OCPR staff with other organization-wide special projects.
- Other duties:
- Assist in managing the OIG’s public email account
- Assist in coordinating internal requests for information
- Assist in editing and clearing internal policies
- Assist in maintaining OCPR databases up-to-date
NextStep Technology, Inc. is a recognized expert in providing business and technology solutions for its customers with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Intelligence, IT Portfolio Management and Statement of Budgetary Resources (SBR) Audio Readiness and Financial Management. We support DoD Federal Agencies and commercial customers with SAP and Oracle ERP systems, Army GFEBS, Navy NERP and Air Force Oracle DEAMS and Military Systems.
We offer a competitive salary, commissions plus full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer matching 401k contributions, Paid-Time-Off and paid vacation.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Please answer the following questions in detail to be considered for the position.
How does your previous experience correlate to this opportunity, please explain in detail?
What is your desired salary?
When are you available for over the phone interview, please provide 2 to 3 dates?
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-28