Director, Investor Relations
Forma Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FMTX) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the research, development and commercialization of novel therapeutics to transform the lives of patients with rare hematologic diseases and cancers. Our R&D engine combines deep biology insight, chemistry expertise and clinical development capabilities to create drug candidates with differentiated
mechanisms of action focused on indications with high unmet need. Our work has generated a broad proprietary portfolio of programs with the potential to provide profound patient benefit. For more information, please visit www.FormaTherapeutics.com or follow us on Twitter @FORMAInc and LinkedIn.
About the Role:
Forma is seeking an energetic and creative Director, Investor Relations reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The successful candidate is responsible for developing and executing Forma’s investor relations strategy, as well as managing the coordination of the Company’s relationships with the financial community.
The Director, Investor Relations will manage all aspects of investors relations including a comprehensive investor targeting strategy to continue to broaden and diversify Company shareholders, manage sell-side analysts, and design, schedule and execute key events such as quarterly earnings calls and analyst events in the event the Company becomes publicly listed. This colleague will work closely with Forma’s corporate communications team on corporate message development, press releases and events.
This is a critical leadership position within the Company. As such, the successful candidate will work
closely with the Chief Financial Officer and other executives to formulate Forma’s overall investor strategy and communication.
- Develop a deep and thorough understanding of the Company’s pipeline and corporate strategy;
clearly and compellingly support the delivery of this strategy to both internal and external audiences, in compliance with corporate policies and securities regulations.
- Lead the development and implementation of a targeted investor relations strategy to maximize the Company’s long-term value creation and ensure the consistent presentation of that strategy across all messaging.
- Partner with numerous functions in the Company, including public relations, corporate communications, product strategy, medical affairs, patient advocacy, program management and clinical development, to enable accurate and optimal creation, evolution and delivery of key messages.
- Proactively engage with buy-side and sell-side research community.
- Act as the liaison for Forma’s investment banking interactions to effectively leverage investment banking capabilities cross-departmentally while optimizing management time with these stakeholders.
- Manage quarterly reporting process; develop the strategy and recommended approach each
quarter, as well as oversee preparation of the quarterly press release and slide deck.
- Monitor industry and competitor developments, alert management and prepare proactive and reactive plans as needed.
- Monitor Wall Street analysts’ models and estimates, compile internal quarterly consensus for multiple company stakeholders, and communicate quarterly consensus to external stakeholders, when necessary.
- Conduct periodic, in-depth, investor targeting exercises and maintain a target investor list.
- Contribute to Company press releases and periodic disclosures.
- Plan and execute events for analysts such as breakfasts, luncheons or educational days. Support financing activities, including implementation of financing strategy, managing relationships within the banking community and executing financing activities.
- Maintain the IR calendar, which includes strategic decisions on Company and executive participation in investor conferences, non-deal roadshows and analyst/investor meetings.
- As needed, participate in corporate strategy and business development.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in positions leading to a recent or current leadership role in corporate investor relations in public biotech, pharma or a life science organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of the biotech industry, drug development and commercialization.
Deep understanding of capital markets and financing strategies; well versed in filings and compliance with the SEC.
- Experience working in companies with both clinical programs and commercial products.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage external relationships within the financial community and to establish relationships with industry analysts, institutional investors and media organizations.
- Experience interpreting deep science to external stakeholders and managing turbulent situations from an investor relations perspective.
- Strong accounting, financial modeling and reporting skills.
- Strong verbal, writing and presentation skills, with the ability to translate and simplify complex information for research analysts and investors.
- Collaborative team player and goal-oriented self-starter; willingness to participate in Forma’s
culture and embrace our patient-centric approach.
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, MS, MBA) is preferred but relevant experiences are vital.
Headquartered in Watertown, MA, we have all the perks you can find in Cambridge (walkable to
lunch, shopping, etc.) and more perks that you can’t (ample free parking!) Our diverse portfolio and our commitment to patients sets us apart. Our patients are our true north; our pipeline is our road map. Everyone at Forma is a part of the journey. #formafuturewithforma
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-27