Government Affairs Manager
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Government Affairs Manager to join our growing team! The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to initiate best practices, works well with teams, and find answers when it appears there are none.
- Serve as the representative of the company at local community events, hearings, and meetings
- Align company with local stakeholders in each community we operate
- Interface directly with outside consultants and service providers to maximize local relationships
- Collaborate with internal and external legal teams to understand zoning requirements in all areas in which the company operates
- Work closely with local government agencies to ensure company adherence to local zoning standards during the construction process
- Present on behalf of the company at public hearings to gather support for entry into local communities
- Collaborate with marketing to create collateral resources for entry into local markets
- Work in partnership with internal compliance team to ensure compliance with state rules and regulations
- Regularly travel to local communities, travel approx. 70-90%
- 7+ years of experience in a government relations or similar role
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A strong understanding of real estate and zoning requirements
- Experience interacting with local government officials
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-27