Principal Public Relations Rep
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a seasoned Public Relations Representative to join our team of qualified, highly engaged and enthusiastic communications professionals focused on the promotion and publicity of people, products and processes. Qualified candidates must be prepared to thrive in a highly active environment that demands innovative thinking and use of tools to effectively communicate to employees, customers, the public, industry, stakeholders and others. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida reporting into the manager of Communications for the Military Aircraft Systems division.
This position will work with leadership for multiple major aircraft programs in the development of integrated strategic communications plans to promote and educate internal and external stakeholders on system capability. Overall requirements include a proven track record in internal and external communications, strategy development and execution, ability to shape and influence activities in alignment with program, customer and Sector objectives, and analyze complex topics and scenarios and offer creative and innovative solutions. The candidate must have excellent research, writing and verbal skills that demonstrate an ability to comprehend and explain complex programs and initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include being a strategic communications partner for Military Aircraft Systems, development of communications plans; coordination with senior executives, engineers, managers and customers, local and civic leaders, and others; development and execution of announcements, articles; creation of content for scripts, website, print and multi-media collateral as needed; relationship development skills for internal and external activities; development of other materials including white papers, press releases, videos; clearance of materials for public release; and support, planning and execution of employee and external events.
Professional acumen to develop relationships with various types and levels of professionals Inquisitive, disciplined, intelligent, confident collaborative and flexible
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Proven experience working in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6 years of experience in journalism, marketing, business, communications, public relations/public affairs, defense, government OR a High School diploma/G.E.D with a minimum of 10 years of experience in journalism, marketing, business, communications, public relations/public affairs, defense, government. Related work experience in journalism, marketing, business, communications, public relations/public affairs, defense, government
- U.S. citizenship
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Travel required up to 25%
- Experience working in a large, matrixed and/or geographically dispersed organization
- Experience working for or with military, defense and/or aerospace-oriented professionals
- Experience in project management
- Demonstrated writing experience using AP Style
Learn more here
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job posted: 2020-07-08