Public Policy Manager
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Public Policy Manager to join our fast-growing and fast-paced team! Based in Seattle or Portland, this position will manage our state and local policy efforts in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska. This stellar policy expert will craft Lyft’s policy priorities, and work directly with elected officials, policymakers, and key stakeholders at all levels of government. They will deal with regulatory and government issues as a pivotal part of our expansion, building out Lyft’s brand, and growing our markets. Come join the exciting ride!
- Develop Lyft’s legislative, regulatory, and political strategy throughout the Pacific Northwest
- Represent Lyft in all interactions with electeds, government officials and staff, including providing testimony in legislative and regulatory hearings
- Track legislation relevant to Lyft at municipal, county and state levels
- Work cross-functionally with Lyft senior management on developing public policy priorities that advance Lyft’s operations and business interests
- Work closely with Lyft’s Community, Public Affairs, Legal, Compliance, Communications, and Operations teams on developing market strategy
- Manage a team of top-notch external policy consultants
- Develop and advocate for policies that support the growth of ridesharing and new mobility options, including autonomous vehicles
- 5+ years of political, legal and/or relevant business development experience in the Pacific Northwest
- Knowledge or background in Washington State or Oregon state or local public policy
- Relationships with key policymakers in Washington State or Oregon
- Proven entrepreneurial and scrappy spirit
- Exceptional strategic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding (and sometimes unstructured) environment
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- You love the art of the deal and are a “closer”
- Natural connector and relationship builder
- A willingness to travel (sometimes last-minute)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) – you know how to tell a good story and advocate your position
- Lyft user / believer
- Experience in transportation and/or labor policy is a plus.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-05