Public Relations Specialist
We are currently seeking an experienced Public Relations Specialist to join our team in our New York, NY, 10010 location.
Who We Are:
RXMD serves its clients by providing public relations, investor relations, medical affairs, and marketing consultation services. Clients of RXMD consist of small and large pharmaceutical companies, both biotechnology-based and traditional chemistry-based; as well as health and wellness based consumer goods companies. RXMD represents clients who are world-class innovators, providing breakthrough products for patients, healthcare professionals who aspire to improve patients’ lives; and to consumers who are passionate about health and wellness. RXMD is built on a foundation of talented, experienced medical, marketing, and communication professionals who are passionate about achieving success for both their clients and themselves. The atmosphere is dynamic, creative, and collegial, with high standards of professionalism andintegrity. To learn more about us, please visit us at rxmedyn.com
About the Role:
The Public Relations Specialist at RXMD will develop and execute media relations strategies, including identifying and developing outreach opportunities, drafting media materials and pitching to the media. The role is an ideal position for someone with PR agency background with excellent written and oral communications skills, ensuring a full end-to-end understanding of the integrated communications, media (consumer, professional) and stakeholder relations.
Responsibilities include the following.
• Drive consumer and professional communications plans across client teams
• Maintain and expand RXMD media relationships
• Contribute content to client teams and assist with amplification to drive awareness and engagement
• Help expand strategic communications/thought leadership around key events, including major corporate announcements/milestones, consumer events, medical congresses, etc.
• Assist with media relations
•Other duties may be assigned activities and planning
Education and Experience:
•Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism
• Master Degree preferred
• 2-3 years relevant work experience in PR role in an agency REQUIRED
• Possess a solid understanding of effective marketing techniques
• Must have excellent writing and editing skills
• Experienced with Cision software or similar PR software Required Abilities and Skills:
• Possess a mastery of all public relations skills, including writing, editing, media relations, pitch development, message development, and have experience in developing communications plans
• Manage partner/vendor relations as relates to product launches, media, research, events and other program initiatives
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, and process improvement
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Competitive salary will commensurate with experience and education
Comprehensive benefits package available.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-03