Regulatory Affairs Manager
At Amazon.com, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Regulatory Affairs Manager to join the Food Safety, Regulatory Compliance, and Quality team. This role will manage strategic public policy and industry engagement on behalf of Amazon’s customers and partners. This is a role that requires the utmost professional integrity, advanced strategic thinking, first-class people skills, and solid governance leadership experience, with a track record of delivering results.
·Develop and execute a proactive external engagement strategy that includes government relations, regulatory outreach, and industry representation
· Develop tools and processes to manage regulatory escalations and communicate out to impacted business and compliance stakeholders
· Establish and maintain relationships with a wide array of internal and external stakeholders involved in policy-making
· Identify, anticipate, and advise on opportunities to engage collaboratively with food regulators at all levels of government and within the grocery industry
· Develop and implement strategic prioritization and governance strategies with cross-functional global stakeholders
Needed Skills and Abilities:
The successful candidate will be an proven governance and policy professional, with demonstrated success in strategy development, policy leadership, and delivering results to desired goals. In addition, must:
·Be a high energy, innovative and, results-oriented leader
·Possess the highest level of integrity and have a track record of earning customer trust and the respect of internal compliance stakeholders and external parties
·Have a demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate and political levels.
· An extensive understanding of the policy processes and dynamics that impact a company’s business, customers, and partners.
· Sound and practical business acumen and ability to manage commercially sensitive information.
· An ability to anticipate emerging issues of importance to the company, and to communicating impact and actions clearly and concisely.
· An ability to dive deep on technical details of business, legislative and regulatory proposals, and then synthesize actions and strategy for a senior business audience.
· Strong and effective people management skills and experience.
· A track record of effectively managing and leveraging resources, including internal teams, external consultants, coalitions, associations.
· An ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments.
· An ability to persuasively communicate complex and technical concepts and issues to a broad set of political and policy stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
· Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· A self-starter with a proven track record of successfully working across a wide array of functional groups and cultures.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Regulatory, Law, Business, Public Policy, Public Relations, Public Health, or a related field
· 5+ years of experience leading public policy, governance, compliance, or regulatory programs within a dynamic fast-moving private or public sector organization, association or government agency.
· Deep, demonstrated knowledge of standards and regulations
· governing the grocery industry (local, state, FDA, USDA), and experience interacting with the federal, state, and local regulators including USDA, FDA, state agencies, and local health departments;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Exceptional organizational skills;
· Ability to work independently and autonomously;
· Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements;
· Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture;
· Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting;
7+ years of experience leading public policy, governance, compliance, or regulatory programs within a dynamic fast-moving private or public sector organization, association or government agency.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $128,000/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-28