Director Federal Government Affairs
Incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining WellCare’s strategic relationships and partnerships with select members of the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate, Congressional staff, and select Executive Branch officials. Reviews and monitors proposed and enacted federal legislation impacting the managed care industry, and develops business plans accordingly. Identifies, analyzes and makes recommendations regarding key legislative issues. Manages the WellCare Political Action Committee and its activities. Supports WellCare’s alliance development activities.
- Develops relationships with select members of the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate, their staff, and congressional committee staff.
- Strengthens relationships with local staff for members of Congress.
- Assists and leads, where appropriate, with issues involving federal government relationships.
- Represents WellCare at Federal policy maker association meetings and forums.
- Manages WellCare’s Federal Political Action Committee.
- Manages and conducts annual review of federal lobbyists.
- Develops and manages federal advocacy plan, including alliance development.
- Develops and manages an employee advocacy and grassroots strategy and program.
- Researches, tracks, monitors, and analyzes proposed and enacted federal legislation impacting the managed care industry.
- Works with the Public Policy & State GA teams to develop WellCare’s positions on federal legislative proposals and initiatives from the Administration.
- Advises management in long-range planning for areas of specialization.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Required A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or business administration or political science
- Required 10 years of experience in a health care environment or related field.
- Preferred Other Experience with Medicaid or Medicare government or private/public sector, state legislative or regulatory, and/or experience with budgeting and contracts.
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft Access
- Required Advanced Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate SharePoint
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a “World’s Most Admired Company” in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company’s website at www.wellcare.com. EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-25